Armond Hartounians, VOLUNTEER SINCE JUNE 2010
1. How did you hear about CoachArt? From my College’s volunteer department.
2. How long have you been a CoachArt volunteer? Since June, 2010.
3. What made you decide to volunteer with CoachArt? I am an art major student and volunteering with CoachArt gives me the opportunity to work with kids and help them gain more knowledge about art.
4. What do you like most about volunteering with CoachArt? That I can work with kids and teach them about art.
5. What type of activities have you done at CoachArt? Every time I work with CoachArt, I participate in new and different activities with the kids from drawing together, making crafts, and even playing sports.
6. What has been the single most impacting experience working with a CoachArt student? At a CoachArt event at UCLA last year where I was a volunteer, a little girl that I had worked with the whole day grabbed my hand and said “I wish I could’ve stayed here for the rest of my life.” That moment was heart touching for me.
7. Why do you volunteer with CoachArt? Because I enjoy every moment working with the kids. I feel like I am making a difference for these kids and they enjoy the time they spend with me.
8. If you had to write an ad to recruit volunteers for CoachArt, how would it read? I would definitely start it by using this quote from the Bible that says, “ As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another.”
9. What advice would you give to a new CoachArt volunteer? My advice to a new CoachArt volunteer is to make the best out of this experience. There is a lot they can learn from these kids and of course they have a lot to teach these kids.
10. How has CoachArt affected your life? Volunteering with CoachArt made me feel useful. It also taught me that there is a lot more to experience and learn in life.
11. Would you recommend CoachArt to friends? If yes, why? I would definitely recommend CoachArt to friends because it is a fun and different experience.
12. What other volunteer activities are you involved in? I used to teach art to kids in the Church near my house and also, I volunteered for a soccer team.
13. What would you like for our readers to know about you? I am a very positive thinking and happy person. I love to laugh and enjoy life. Every time that I meet others, my main goal of the day is to put a smile on their beautiful face and make them happy. Life is too short, therefore we need to learn to appreciate and enjoy every moment of it even if we have only one more day left to live. I love kids and as an animation major student, It is my life long dream to be able to create an animation/cartoon character one day, that would make every kid across the world to laugh and be happy by simply watching it. I believe that every individual is created with a gift and a unique ability, and the purpose of our lives is to learn to use that gift/ ability to serve and help each other.
14. How can CoachArt improve its’ services? CoachArt is one of the most amazing organizations that I have ever had the privilege to join; everything we do is to serve our community by helping to enhance lives of youth who are suffering from life-threatening illnesses, regardless of their race, ethnicity, or gender. CoachArt has made it possible for me and a number of other volunteers to use our unique talents, and abilities to serve others. Therefore I think that in order for us to be able to expand our organization to do more services, we might need to do more fundraising events.